Enjoy a memorable experience in a farmhouse rich in history, in an elegant yet familiar atmosphere.
Masseria Antoglia is a fortified farmhouse located on a large agricultural property, and its origins date back to the early fourteenth century.
The farm’s history begins with constructing the Antoglietta, built by the Nantoli family in the Middle Ages.
In the 15th century, the farm was renovated and used as a fortification by Prince Giovanni Antonio Orsini Del Balzo, who built the crenelated tower and the high court walls. Then the farm passed down to Giacomo dell’Antoglietta, baron of Monteiasi, hence the name Antuglia.
The new wing of the tower was built in the late 1800s and has always been used as a dwelling. The large shed, built in the 1700s, was used to store straw, tows, and agricultural machinery.
In the first half of the eighteenth century, the oil mill was merged with the original structure, which later became a home, and, afterward, the stables and the snow house (a space designed to store and preserve the snow and ice collected during the winter) were merged too. The farmers’ homes, part of the Masseria, were built at the beginning of the nineteenth century.
Later, the castle/farm was renovated and used as a ducal palace.
In 1822 a chapel was built, dedicated to the Most Holy Crucifix, which became a parish church in 1830 consecrated by the bishop of Oria.
Nowadays, Masseria Antoglia, with a facade that extends 170 meters in length, includes various buildings.
In the central section, there are the Ducal Castle, where most of the hotel rooms are located, the large shed, and the millstone used for crushing grapes until the early 1900s.
The restaurant “Le Macine” is instead located in the old mill.
The snow house is used today as a water tank and may be crossed by a bridge. Finally, a majestic olive grove with its 1430 trees overlooks the whole area.
The structure offers nine rooms and suites beautifully decorated, respecting the farm’s history and tradition.